Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Dated decor but a great experience

Sail Date: June 12, 2011

The ship is amazingly clean and maintained but looks like it was decorated in the 70's. They have so many things to do on board for families we almost needed more time to just be on the ship and take all that in.

Pros: for the most part the staff makes you feel like royality. The wait on your every whim and desire

Cons: the ship seems to be decorated from the 70's or something, and I don't like that internet is so expensive, I hate that they don't have dinning table outside like my last cruise. I loved drinking my coffee outside at a table

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The buffet food, and Mongolian bbq where terriable. However the pizza and sandwich and fish and chips area where very good, but I liked very much the main dinning room meals.
the only ship staff that was not a pleasure would be the people working around the food buffet area. The have zero personality and wander around like zombies and I don't think they ever speak english. However the rest of the staff is steller!
we where please as punch with our room
very entertaining and fun!
We did the Tulum Ruins the guide was the most educated man on ruins I have ever met! it was a simply amazing tour!
Don't Miss: Tolum Ruins
George Town, Grand Cayman
If your looking for jewelry find one of the stores where the people are paid hourly instead of commission. Amazing difference on how they treat you
Belize City, Belize
we did separate excursions here. The orbitz zip line and cave tubing and the Lamini Mayan ruins Both where amazing experiences and very well organized. For the ruins bring your bug spray deep woods off!!
Don't Miss: The Ruins
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We did the orbitz cruise of the monkey park and iguana park I HIGHLY recommend this comopany. We ended up seeing the whole island, the beach and the two parks we paid for. The monkey park was amazing, they let you get in the cage with the monkeys and hold them and play with them. Bring several bottles of water as the monkeys are not fed much water and are really thirsty (that part broke my heart)
Don't Miss: the monkey and iguana park