Had the time of my life

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 02, 2010
Ship: Carnival Valor
The valor is great!!! I went on one cruise ship before and the Valor made that ship look like a Motel 6. Carnival truly earns the title of being the "fun ship" as there is always tons to do and most other passengers aboard have a fun, party mind set. The food, service, and activities were great. The state rooms were spacious and comfortable. I can't wait to take another Carnival cruise.

Roatan was fun but much too touristy to me. It felt like Carnival just dropped us off at a commercial theme park for the day. If you want to avoid the tourist area, definitely explore the island on an excursion.
Cozumel was great. I took an excursion to the Mayan Ruins at Tulum and was thrilled that I did. The ruins are absolutely amazing and our tour guide (through Sun and Fun tours) was knowledgeable, passionate, and fun. Don't miss this excursion!!!

Pros: The Carnival Valor is spacious and fun. They serve great food and offer awesome activities and excursions. The staff was also excellent

Cons: The ship's layout is a bit strange (i.e. ice cream and pizza station - for the kids - next to the adult pool). This wasn't a major inconvenience though and kids didn't linger too long after getting their food.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!