Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best Cruise Yet!

Sail Date: February 01, 2009

The ship was just amazing! The layout was perfect and the chosen theme was meaningful and tastefully done. As with other ships, the ship was maintained well throughout the cruise.

Pros: The design of the ship.

Cons: Dinner service

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The staff was great, just a little understaffed! Everyone on board was courteous and kind and did their best to accomodate.
Food is always good on a cruise. The only problem was that the dining room was understaffed and food took a long time and at times arrived cold. This was not the fault of my wait staff as I could see them running around to get everything done. They also did not serve my favorite carnival classics meal.
The stage was set up like a castle with knights surrounding the theatre. Everything was 3D...it was awesome! The rest of the ship was a tribute to famous American figures and it was tastefully decorated and appealing to all nationalities.
Perfect location. Well maintained. Great layout.
David was the best cruise director I have ever experienced on a ship. The schedule was busy without being "overkill". The performance team was outstanding!
George Town, Grand Cayman
I went on an excursion and the port was good. Not the best I have been to but worth seeing.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
This island is beautiful! I did a dolphin swim and it was conducted in a very natural, beachlike, environment. The local people were cordial and appreciated the tourists.
Don't Miss: dolphin swim
This is by far my favorite place to go. There is a restaurant right off the dock that serves real Mexican food and where you can party right off the water. The staff there are incredible and prices are right. I also did a dolphin swim and it is by far the best dolphin facility, and experience, I have ever had!
Don't Miss: dolphin swim
Belize City, Belize
The area is very poor and there is not much to do. However, I went on a trip to the Belize zoo and that was really worth seeing. The animals were well cared for in a natural environment.
Don't Miss: Belize Zoo