First Carnival Cruise

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

4 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 03, 2016
Ship: Carnival Triumph

I must say overall, I had a good time.  But, after cruising on Princess, I was disappointed with the quality and quantity of the food, both in the buffet and at the seated dining.  We had an oceanview room and I slept on the sofa pull-out...it was NOT comfortable.  The room did not feel cramped, nor did the bathroom.

On the plus side, the entertainment was spectacular!  Also, the bartenders are generous with the alcohol in the mixed drinks.

Cabin was okay; sofa pull-out is not that comfortable for sleeping.

Lots of the veteran Carnival cruisers I met said the Triumph is their LEAST favorite ship; not as many amenities as Carnival's newer ships.