Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wish I had started Cruising many years back

Sail Date: September 21, 2015

Had the time of my life and for the first time spend 5 days with zero stress. Plenty to choose from in terms of food and the customer service was phenomenal.

I had one challenge though. We strictly do not eat meat and the challenge was to identify which items had meat ingredients, especially of pork. If they can only implement a labeling system indicating broadly, Vegetarian, Sea Food, Meats, that would have helped. For the most part we had no issue with the food, but when it came to desserts, there were lots of those with Gelatin (which can come from beef or Pork). It was a challenge to get hold of the chef and ask him about every single item. If only Carnival can address this one minor issue with the service, I'd say they'd be the best.Yummy

Great service by the house keeping crew. Hats off to their efforts.
One waiter in the dining area that really went above and beyond was Bombang from Indonesia. This man was truly amazing and took great care of us with 5 star service.
Another great guy was Jatinka who made eggs every morning. Since I was allergic to ham, he made it a point to use a fresh pan for my order every single day. Appreciate this effort by him, and going out of his way to satisfy us. These little things are what make the entire trip worth while.
Galveston, Texas
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Chichen Itzah - was a bit dissapointed at the Shore Excursion service. Very long bus ride with no food for vegetarians.

Two names - Bombang from Indonesia and Jatinka (think) from Indonesia were the best. Alia from Turkey (I believe) was also very kind.

1 Comment