Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good for first-time Texas cruisers

Sail Date: August 10, 2015

Service was probably the best thing the ship had to offer. Every staff member was so helpful and polite, getting us what we needed quickly.

The food was pretty good, not top-notch in terms of quality but not horrible either. I would say it just lacked taste or flavor. My wife and I enjoyed some of the Lido Deck "grab and go" restaurant food a little better than the sit down dinner food.

The A/C on the ship went out due to an electrical failure during the hottest part of the afternoon/evening one of the days we were at sea. It was the evening where you dress up for dinner so everyone was standing around sweating and waiting to be let in for the 6pm dinner. They wouldn't let us in because the electrical failure had affected the kitchen as well. They got the kitchen power back on I think but the A/C was off until later that evening, so not the best night of the cruise.

The ship itself was great and everything looked clean and maintained. The lido deck (upper outside deck with lounge chairs, pools, bars, and food options) got pretty sopping wet by mid day everyday, but there were other ways to get around if you wanted to get food.

Our cruise director was great as well and he kept everyone informed and up to date on everything that was happening in a way that wasn't confusing. He made it really fun!

It was fine for an inside cabin, just as I expected it to be for an interior room (although my wife was expecting a larger bathroom, but I told her "What did you expect? We're on a ship."

The one thing I would say was confusing was how to get the air vent open. Especially for first-time cruisers, which is what this cruise felt like it was intended for, I didn't think there was a vent at all, or a way to control the air. Then I noticed the round disc on the ceiling in the middle of the room, but dismissed it because the lever on the side of it was marked in red and looked like an emergency switch of some kind. I got brave after I got too warm though and eventually pulled it to the side, and the air started coming through. Maybe put some text saying "Vent" or "Air Vent" or something. Not a big deal, just thought I'd share. I'm sure I was the only one this happened to.

Great company that wants you to have fun. They were great at keeping us informed about all the procedures and events on the ship, which made me worry less and have more fun! I think the food is the one thing they could work on to make better.