Solo Traveling - An Adventure worth Experiencing!

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 29, 2014
Ship: Carnival Triumph

I had a wonderful time aboard the Triumph.  I decided to travel solo; it was well worth the time and money invested.  The pier staff were helpful and happy to assist.  The crew were engaging, entertaining, and informative.  I appreciated the warm smiles and accessible knowledge; the boat is huge and getting lost wasn't an option.  When crew members found out I was traveling alone, they were polite, friendly, and inclusive. I have traveled with an abundance of family members as well as with my husband, but this experience was unique.  I didn't have to wait on others, I chose activities based on my preferences, and I slept when and where I wanted.  After this experience, I will continue to look for solo adventures.

The burrito bar was awesome!

Loved trivia, karaoke, the informational support, and the shopping. (Casino was fun, too.)

I didn't participate in after dinner activities due to being busy with my other activities.

They were out of my hair...that is a plus for me!

The band, as well as the karaoke staff were exceptional. My steward Bernard was fabulous. My waiter Aron was always there to assist, answer questions, or make suggestions. Thank you for advising me (against) the veggie pot pie.

Everything looked great!

My steward made the twin beds into a king. I loved it!

The hardest thing to navigate was going to the aft on floor 3. The lower level of the Paris dining room was difficult to get to due to the location of the galley. It took me several tries to reach the location, but the food was worth the wait!

It's all about Chichen Itza. But be prepared for the heat!
Beautiful area, but hot. Protect yourself. The shopping was exquisite!