Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A relaxing week away

Sail Date: November 07, 2011

Overall I had a very good time on this ship. The ship itself is definitely an older one and there are dings here and there, but all things considered it is still very nice. My one complaint about the ship itself is that our toilet had issues and would "run" causing it to constantly fill with (clean) water that we would have to flush periodically - it was annoying, but they got it fixed. Otherwise, the only improvement I feel they could make is to have more variety of activities going on. There was a lot to do, but not much that actually interested me; furthermore, out of the 3 or so dance floors they had, only one was ever actually used for dancing, and then it was the club scene that I'm not interested in since I prefer swing and ballroom dance. That being said, I would still recommend this ship since it definitely gave me a relaxing week away from the hustle and bustle of work for a reasonable price.

Pros: Relaxing, calm, quiet, affordable

Cons: Not as many activities as expected

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

Toilet constantly filled requiring random flushes just to keep the water from overflowing
Cozumel was a blast. We did the Isla Pasion by Twister excursion where they took us on a speedboat to a nearby island that had a buffet, open bar, water playground, and other activities, and while it was fun, I was disappointed that the water wasn't any where near as clear as the Cozumel beaches. I would suggest skipping this excursion and instead just hit the beach.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Me and my girlfriend didn't do an excursion here, instead we took a public bus to Merida and wandered around for a few hours taking pictures and shopping. I feel that was a much better experience than simply staying in Progresso since it's mostly hawkers trying to sell outrageously overpriced knick-knacks.