Well worth the money!

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 06, 2010
Ship: Carnival Triumph
Our first cruise, and we loved it. So many activities, fantastic and plenitful food, fun entertainment. A definite experience to repeat.

We were very pleased and could get seconds on anything we really liked. It was fun to meet new people at lunch and breakfast. It might be nice to have different dinner companions every night as well.

My first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I thought it was great though we had some difficulty figuring out what levels could be walked from front to back of the ship without having to go up or down a level.

It was larger than I had been lead to expect. A very nice surprise.
Lots of little things to buy. I cannot see the difference between the "925" bracelets offered on the street and the ones offered in the approved stores.
We didn't know it at the time, but our dining companions walked through the main drop-off point to the outskirts of the shopping area and were able to rent a scooter for $20 and cruise over to the quiet pristine beaches on the other side. We'll do that next time!
Don't Miss: Margaritas at Panchos are strong! My husband didn't realize until too late how strong!

Pros: food, friendly service, fun shows

Cons: no place to dance (waltz, foxtrot), "free" art won at auction not free, room service slowish

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!