Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Canada Getaway

Sail Date: June 25, 2009

Our 4 day cruise was just long enough to enjoy being away from home. The staff in the Spa and the Paris Dining Room were wonderful. Actually everyone on the Carnival staff was wonderful to deal with. They were always friendly. The activities were great - good mixture of things to do for both adults and children. There were lots of children on the boat which worked out well for us travelling with two daughters. The performances in the Rome Lounge were terrific - very professional. The staff worked hard to keep things in shape however many passengers just left their garbage anywhere.

I would like to go on another Carnival Cruise again, however, I hesitate because of the class of people on this trip. Very rude - many pushed and shoved through the buffet lines and onto the elevators.

Overall I don't want to give a bad review - I just hesitate to go with a cheap cruise again.

Pros: Spa massage, dining staff and the food was delicious! The townspeople of St. John, New Brunswick were very friendly.

Cons: The bed in our stateroom.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

The size was ok - a lot of closet space and drawer space. A little dusty in the TV area and the shower could have used some bleach. The King bed was well worn - your feet were higher than your head. Felt like you were laying in a bowl. Very uncomfortable.
I would have liked to have a larger pool rather than 3 small pools. They got a little overcrowded at times.
Staff overall was wonderful. Our Cabin person did kick us out of our room one night so she could make the beds up. Did not like having to do that. There was one performer who was helping with BINGO who was so annoying - thought he was hysterical and commented on everything the director was saying.
There was a good variety of things to do. LIked that they had the Blue and Red teams as well as so many activities for the children.
Good variety and very accomodating with my daughter who is a picky eater!
Saint John, New Brunswick
Very friendly welcome from the folks of Saint John. Women receive a rose and the men receive a pin. Town itself is OK. Cute shops and churches to see as well as vendors down by the water.
Don't Miss: My daughters loved opening an oyster to make their own pearl necklace.