The Best Cruise Yet

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunshine

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 10, 2018

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1530

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The cruise overall was fun and relaxing. The only downside was being on the ship for 3 days before we reached our first stop in Aruba. I will definitely choose a cruise that disembarks on at least the second day. I was really ready to get off of the ship by then. The staff, food and stops were great. I will return to Carnival for the value and service.

Embarkation

It was fairly easy to go through the embarkation process. Cruise staff made sure our bags were delivered to our room in a timely manner. No complaints.

Ship experiences

There was a fair amount of entertainment on the ship. I enjoyed the band, Caught in the Act, the comedian Spike Davis, karaoke, and the DJ.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Oranjestad, Aruba

Enjoyed Aruba immensely. We decided to do the ATV excursion. It was worth every penny. The beautiful scenery and water was so picturesque.

Willemstad, Curacao

We decided to walk around town and see the sights on our own. We were able to eat the food and shop in the local markets. I would definitely do this again.

Grand Turk Island

Grand Turk was nice. We took a guided tour.

Disembarkation