The Best Cruise Yet

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunshine

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 10, 2018

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1530

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The cruise overall was fun and relaxing. The only downside was being on the ship for 3 days before we reached our first stop in Aruba. I will definitely choose a cruise that disembarks on at least the second day. I was really ready to get off of the ship by then. The staff, food and stops were great. I will return to Carnival for the value and service.

Embarkation

It was fairly easy to go through the embarkation process. Cruise staff made sure our bags were delivered to our room in a timely manner. No complaints.

Ship experiences

We were celebrating my birthday and our anniversary. We ate at the Steakhouse and the Asian restaurants. The Asian restaurant was good and the service was as well. The Steakhouse, Fahrenheit 555 was phenomenal. The food was top notch and could rival any 5 star restaurant. We had the lamb and the cowboy steak, which we could not finish due to the large portion size. Both were cooked to perfection. The service was attentive and friendly. The rest of the food was good as well. I enjoyed Blue Iguana and their great tacos and taco salads. My husband enjoyed Guy's Burger Joint. The main dining rooms also had good food and options for people who do not eat pork or beef. Overall, I definitely enjoyed the food on this cruise more so than on past cruises.

There was a fair amount of entertainment on the ship. I enjoyed the band, Caught in the Act, the comedian Spike Davis, karaoke, and the DJ.

All of the staff were super friendly and helpful whenever you had a question or needed something.

The ship's layout was similar to other ships we've been on. The staff did a great job of keeping the common areas clean and free from water and other things people were tracking all over the place.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Oranjestad, Aruba

Enjoyed Aruba immensely. We decided to do the ATV excursion. It was worth every penny. The beautiful scenery and water was so picturesque.

Willemstad, Curacao

We decided to walk around town and see the sights on our own. We were able to eat the food and shop in the local markets. I would definitely do this again.

Grand Turk Island

Grand Turk was nice. We took a guided tour.

Disembarkation