Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Carnival Sunshine to the Bahamas

Sail Date: November 06, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the wait staff in the main dining room. They were attentive and entertaining. Our cabin steward met our requests, but we hardly ever saw him.

It was a little tight, but there was plenty of storage space.
Because the ship was late boarding, staggered check-in was suspended, and it was a zoo with so many people arriving early. We stood in the handicap parking lot an hour waiting for a shuttle to the terminal. They were backed up because the the terminal was too full. I'm hoping under normal circumstances it's better. Disembarkation was a breeze.
The layout is not good. You can't walk the length of the ship on Deck 3. The comedy show lounge is in the middle of a walk way. We couldn't walk through during the show.
I've been to the Bahamas before, so I didn't go on any excursions. Walking around the port areas was nice.
Children's Programs N/A
Entertainment N/A We didn't go to any shows.
Service and Staff Excellent! A shout out to Savio, Jayson and Augustinus in the Main Dining Room.
The dining room food was so-so. I enjoyed the steak house. The Lido buffet was okay, but i've seen better on other ships.

A cruise is what you make it. Enjoy!