Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean

First Vacation in 15 Years!! First Cruise Ever!!

Sail Date: August 25, 2016

I have to do this more often!  I was skeptical at first--being that it's hurricane season. Fortunately, everything went REALLY well.  The people running this ship kept ahead of Tropical Storm Hermine and we made it to NYC before the storm arrived here.  My thanks to the Captain and the crew!

I have excellent reviews for the Oceanview Stateroom that was so comfortable and especially for Augus our stateroom attendant.  He is a very friendly and respectful person.  He took great care of us all.  My niece would ask him everyday what animal would he be doing with the towels and he would keep it a surprise, which she enjoyed very much.  He was excellent in everything he did.

I want to compliment the Sunset Dining Room Team that attended us: Conrado, Stefan, Deena and Godfrey --EXCELLENT!!  They were ALL very professional, personable and attentive--they took really good care of us!  I was so impressed by them that I though, if I were an owner of a restaurant, I would hire them in a flash!

The Guy Burgers were delicious. I would have them as a snack 'round 3pm.

We visited San Juan, Puerto Rico and St. Martin, St. Thomas and Grand Turk/Caicos islands.  The employees AND the passengers were all friendly.  Overall, I had a lovely, lovely time!  (Can't wait to do it again.)

Excellent. (Just one hiccup--the shower did not drain properly. Contacted customer service and it was fixed right away.)

After getting our food during breakfast or lunch buffet, we would always go to the Havana Room and eat there. You can purchase a cafe con leche for breakfast at the bar and enjoy the empanadas there as well.