Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean

Worst cruise ever

Sail Date: August 25, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I have been on 5 cruises this was 2nd time for the carnival and Im just so very disappointed in the whole experience, to begin with the lay out of this ship is terrible you have to go through a very smoky casino to get to dinner the ship is way to small for the amount of people. Not much to do. The main shows in liquid lounge where awful they need to change them they really can not sing. the food was the worst i've ever had although our waiters were great Wisnawa and Kermith and a few others but our table placement was bad we where next to a pole and every night 2-3 times during our meal 3 of us had to get up push our chairs in so people could get by with walkers and wheelchairs. Never have i had such bad food. some of the crew where also very rude which i have never experienced before . My sister was told I didn't ask you if you wanted a drink when she was approached by a waiter and said no thank you she thought he was going to ask her if she wanted a drink I was shocked by how he talked to her. Then we had teenage kids running up and down our hallway screaming at anytime between 1-4 in the morning we where awoken 7 of the 9 nights with this kind of behavior we did complain but nothing was done. Our room service tags where also removed by these kids We are not the only floor that had this problem my daughter and her family where on deck 7 we where on 8 and they had the same problem also talked to people on deck 6 that also had this problem. My sister who is 76 was almost completely knocked off her feet twice by 5-7 teenagers when we was walking around pool area by the same group of kids. they never even tried to apologize or even act respectful at all. Disembarkation was a complete joke didnt get off until 10.45. We had hired a driver to be there at 10. I thought that was plenty late enough. well he wouldn't wait so we had to try and find another ride which ended in us having to take 2 cabs at double the cost of our original driver.. We did however never have a hard time finding a chair around the pool at anytime. This cruise cost me almost the same as my last cruise on the Celebrity going on a 14 day trip. I would never recommend this ship to anyone. Save your money go on a Celebrity

cabin was good
worst debarkment ever didnt get off till 10.45 missed our ride
design was terrible
ports where good
not much to do
grandkids did use the children's club and it was just ok
liquid lounge entertainment was awful my daughter and son in law did enjoy the comedy club
we did have a great server named Wisnawa and Kermith and a few other but also had some rude ones which was a first for me on any cruise
was the worst i've ever had on any cruise

Don't Do It