Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Expected More For The Price

Sail Date: June 25, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the Comedy Club.

My Cabin Steward was great.

What needs improvement is Guest Services. It takes forever to get them on the phone.

I had a Balcony Suite and the first night at sea we were given a notice that the only time the balconies could be cleaned was when the ship was at sea and that we had to be out of the cabin between 9am and 12pm. I was very tired and wanted to sleep in. The notice said that if we planned to be in the cabin to notify Guest Services. I could not get through to Guest Services. So I had to get up early. I was not happy about that.

At my first dinner seating I was given a ticket and then was totally ignored. I waited over 40 minutes without anyone approaching me.  When the person next to me ordered a drink I thought the server was going to take my order. He did not. He walked right past me. When the server brought the drink he walked righr past me again, I thought for sure he would ask me if I cared to order, he did not. He walked away in the opposute direction. I wound up having to call room service for dinner. I  complained to Guest Services (which took ten minutes to get through). I was given a credit for two drinks which I felt did not compensate for my experience.

The Room Service menu is very limited. The food at the buffets were cold and the seating is inadequate.

This was my first experience with Carnival Cruise Line and I do not feel encouraged to cruise with them again.

My Steward was wonderful. My birthday is in June, I didn't mention it. I returned to my cabin only to find that he acknowledged my birthday with three $25 credits for onboard services. That was a very pleasant surprise.
Roon service free menu very limited. Food in dinning room very good