Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

April 16, 2016 Carnival Sunshine Cruise

Sail Date: April 16, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This is the second cruise I have taken, both have been with carnival. The first was on the Glory on which we had a balcony. Between the two, I felt the Glory was better. This time we stayed in an inside cabin. I traveled with my husband and 3 children (10, 7 and 1). The rooms were actually more spacious than I anticipated whereas I was travelling in a group of 5 (still very cozy, but they do a good job of fitting 5 people in a small room).

One night, our toilet did overflow into our room. Upon calling housekeeping, it only took a few minutes for someone to respond and be in our room, but it was too late. Toilet water had already began flooding into our room and soaked the carpet. For the whole night we were trudging through water to use our restroom. We also had to put up with a lot of loud banging outside our cabin while they fixed the issue throughout the night. The next day (luckily we were visiting an island so didn't spend much time in our room) they had a huge fan obstructing the entry way to the room.

The ship seemed a bit crowded at times (one pool for all the children to use, long lines getting on and off the ship, lines at the buffet, not enough seats at comedy clubs, etc)

The kids had a great time taking advantage of camp carnival. I would like to see more options for children under 2. Currently they are very limited to the hours they can attend camp. Although the Waterpark was closed at some points due to the weather condtions, the kids really enjoyed that. The staff were very courteous and attentive.

Overall, we had a great time and cannot wait to book our next cruise.

Cruise Photos

Had the toilet not flooded leaving our carpet soaked and a musty smell for the remainder of the cruise I would have been much happier with the cabin.
Long lines. Embarkation was all messed up due to the emergency that had taken place on the previous cruise. FFTF I purchased didnt really pay off too well considering.
Would like more options for children under 2. Older kids really enjoyed camp.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Basseterre, St. Kitts
San Juan, Puerto Rico
There's a free shuttle (they do accept donations) that will bring you around the area. We took advantage and it took us directly to Fort Cristobal.
Grand Turk Island

When you can't find anywhere to sit at the lido buffet, head outside to guys burgers. Plenty of seating to accommodate a big group.