Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Carnival Sunshine.... 4th time cruiser... 1st time on Sunshine

Sail Date: March 13, 2016

I really enjoyed the Carnival Sunshine.  The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 star was because I bought the drink package and every time I would go to get a drink at the bar it would take about 30 minutes to get it.  The bars stayed very busy and had low staffing.  You definitely could tell the bartenders they had aboard were very wore out and very rarely smiled.  I would also recommend to pack as much as possible in a carry on back because we didn't receive our luggage until about 45 minutes before our dinner reservation.  Other than the poor bar service and luggage being delivered to our room late I would definitely recommend taking this cruise. Oh, and also if you want a seat by the pool you have to go out by 7-8 a.m. to get it because come 9 a.m. you're lucky if you can find one the rest of the day... and some people saved about 10 for friends that I never even saw show up so it was pretty aggravating.   Guy Burgers was the best daytime meal and the servers in the restaurant at night were very good and always made sure we were happy.  There was always something to do Bingo being one of my favorite and we went to watch both comedians and they couldn't have made me laugh any harder. Definitely well worth the money and  I can't wait to plan another.

Cabin was very nice and cleaned twice a day. However, we stayed on the 1st floor which was awful the morning of half moon cay because we were woke up by the small boat banging into our ship right below our window when people were boarding it to go over to the island...I definitely don't recommend the 1st level of the ship.
Except majority of the bartenders that seemed as if they were made to be there.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Watch your money I had a lady come up to me and tie a bracelet in a knot on my hand saying I had to give her $5 that it was for the Hand Cap. It wasn't. Watch your money and always be aware of your surroundings.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island