Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Review of Carnival Sunshine cruise to Bermuda

Sail Date: October 02, 2015

The cruise turned out to be nice even though the itinerary was changed.  It was a very expensive trip though to go to the Caribbean which we have been to a million times.  I did enjoy Grand Turk which I had only been to one other time.  But Carnival did give everyone a 25% credit off their next trip with a few places not included, good for 2 years and returned excess port taxes to us.

The service was excellent.  Someone is doing their homework in training their personnel.  We had the anytime dining and the waiters made it a point to know us by name and refer to us that way.  The same with our cabin steward.

The one issue I did have is that we put a 15 pack of canned club soda in a check in bag and it was confiscated.  I know you no longer could bring plastic bottles, and there were rather large signs about that you could not check your wine and/or champagne but nothing about cans.  You are still aloud to bring cans onto the ship if you carry them on but apparently you can not put them in your luggage.  I was able to get the soda back after a few hours which was nice considering I spent $80 for a bottle of liquor from the cruise ship and then they took my soda .

All in all though we were with friends so we did have a great time and the entertainment that we went to was very good.  A big plus was that there were not that many kids on the ship so there were plenty of lounge chairs but limited shade on this ship.

Our cabin was good. This was probably the first time I really ever sat on the couch on any of the trips and it was very comfortable. I did find disappointing that there was no refrigerator in the room which led to us having to use alot of ice. A small refrigerator is expected as I have not been on a ship lately that did not have a refrigerator but our friend who had an inside cabin did have a refrigerator so I'm not sure what the criteria was to have a frig.
I thought the entertainment was very good, especially the comedians. The room though where the comedian show was, was rather small though.
The dining staff and cabin staff were great. Francis was our most favorite from the anytime dining and our cabin steward was very attentative to keeping the ice full. Jay was our cabin steward and the most favorite hard working waiter was Francis
the food was very good and the selection was great also