WOW!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 06, 2015
Ship: Carnival Sunshine

Not sure where to even begin.  We recently went on the Carnival Sunshine.  Let me say first off the only reason for 4 stars is that the ship was a little too crowded for my liking.  That aside....it was amazing! The drinks were yummy....we met some amazing people....and had great staff!  Our wait staff in the dinning hall was impressive!  Dennis and Tamara were so nice and my kids loved them.  The room steward Dewa was AWESOME!  By the second day my kids already had secret hand shakes with him.  Our room was cozy but on a cruise you just don't have the luxury of much space so that's pretty typical.  The comedian on the first portion of the cruise was hilarious.  We did not enjoy the one at the later part of the cruise.  Shows were crowded.  I did enjoy having a balcony where i could get away from the crowds and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Onto the fun stuff....the islands!  We visited St. Marten which was absolutely stunning.  I would go back there in a heartbeat.  St. Kitts we did the dolphins and although quite expensive I feel you must do this at least once.  San Juan we were able to experience the culture and beautiful buildings.  And Turks the water was warm and clear and amazing.

Overall, amazing trip....great memories....but I think i would consider a smaller ship for less crowds next time.

Food was typical for a cruise. I'm from the midwest so i know what a "real" steak tastes like. However, for the most part it was still great and the service was amazing!

We really didn't do as much because of the crowds. We did however enjoy visiting with newly made friends.

My kids LOVED it! They were in Circle C and raved all of the time how awesome it was.

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

we had some leaking outside our room and it was a pain to have the fans blowing all the time outside.

Eat in the dinning room in the evening! We loved the staff and the food was pretty good. And Guys Burger! Couldn't get enough of that place!

Spent the day before at Cocoa Beach and had a great time.
Amazing speed boat excursion with Captain Bob...we saw so many cool things in their elements and it was just awesome! Would go back here in a heart beat.
Did Dolphin excursion...expensive, but neat. Shopped in the port some and walked around the streets outside of port some as well.
Lovely area for architecture. Was neat to see the history.
The water was amazing! Beaches were great. Went up the beach just off the ship away from some of the crowds and the sand got nicer and less crowded.