Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We brought the Sunshine

Sail Date: January 17, 2015

My overall experience was OK. I was disappointed with the ship. All the hoopla about the remodeling, I thought it would be a little more festive. The ship was smaller than I thought as well but there's nothing wrong with that. I didn't like the shows compared to other cruise lines. My excursions were great but the 2 I booked though Carnival could have had better departure times so you would be able to enjoy more of the port. The times were in the middle of the day and a lot of time was wasted. The 1 I booked through Vacation Outlet was amazing! I will admit, when we pulled up to the "excursion site", I was a little concerned but I judged that book by it's cover. We just happened to be the only people that had booked that particular time for our excursion and we had the whole time to ourselves. If you've never had a monkey sit on your shoulder and play in your hair, you've not lived!!  The ship was clean, the food was abundant and the staff were all friendly. I got a tan and came home rested.

I expected something else since they had remodeled but there was nothing wrong with the way it was.
I didn't find anything outstanding on this trip. The food was typical for ship dining.
Everyone was very helpful and courteous. There was no language barrier on this ship.
I've seen better. I felt they were not really singing, but I'm not a professional entertainer.
Children's Programs Didn't use.
Onboard Activities Same as all other ships I've been on.
Enjoyed ports and did excursions that I've never done before.
It was small but we had 3 people and we were only there to sleep. Bathroom shower was pretty big.
Port Canaveral, Florida Didn't do anything.
Went to Chakanaab Park and swam with Manatees! Most awesome thing ever!!!!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Had tour of small "zoo" and played w/monkeys and held a sloth! Awesome! Had time to hit the beach also. Very nice atmosphere there.
Belize City, Belize Did not go to port. Excursion boat picked us up at ship. Went to reef to snorkel.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
May have had a lot to do but our excursion took most of the day. It was a nice beach with lots to do at resort type area.

A lot of kids in hot tubs. You'll have to go up 3 flights of stairs if you want an adult hot tub.

1 Comment