Great for the kids...

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 19, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sunshine
Cabin Number: 12015

My kid & I went with a friend and her kids.  The kids had a WONDERFUL time!  (2 high school aged & 9 year-old)

We stayed on level 12 (SPA).   ONLY 1 elevator worked for 8 full days!  This SUCKED!!!

At 2:00 AM there would always be loud noises from above SPA 14.  I finally concluded it was either young people or the ship's crew cleaning up!

My room was great!   My friend's room had large blood stains on the sheets!

The Crew kept the ship VERY CLEAN!!!   This was an improvement of other cruises!

The ship was made over BEAUTIFULLY!   I have cruised on some of their larger ships in the past.  It is a small ship so there was not enough room in the Liquid Lounge for people to watch the shows.  We stood in the aisle for several shows.

Menus should be modified to reflect what will actually be served on the plate.  Most food was yummy!

It seemed like the ship shut down around midnight!  I wanted to go dancing later in the evening... this was not an option!

The Havana Bar seemed like fun for couples!  The music was NICE!   The space for dancing was small... I did not have room to dance even though I was a single.  :-)

Because I needed to catch up on rest... it was otherwise PERFECT!

Good. Menus should be modified to reflect what will actually be served.

Liquid lounge should stay open until at least 1:00 - 2:00 AM. The time should be similar the the time that the kids club has coverage.

I truly enjoyed the entertainment!

Our high-schoolers & the 9 year old enjoyed the activities!

The crew seemed friendly... we were consistently left waiting at formal dinner. My cabin was always left clean by myself & my daughter.

Very clean. Incredibly nice remodel.

12015. Very nice I would stay in this cabin again.

The lines for the Asian stir fry are always long. I actually made friends while standing in line. Something should be done to speed it up. Some people stand in line and then pick up multiple bowls. Not fair... maybe 1 line for singles, 1 for multiples.
Italian kitchen, Sushi bar, pizza yummy!

There should be something closer to the Port. But we are so excited to get on the ship... so what! :-)
Perhaps we will spend more time exploring next time. We did not venture far!
Kids liked the wi-fi! Otherwise it was a beautiful beach and very quiet.
We went to the rain forest. It took up most of the day. We will explore the island differently the next time.
Nice to see the Dutch & French parts of the island. This was one of my favs.