Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM RICARDO VALDEZ

Sail Date: November 08, 2014

When we arrived aboard ship, we were greeted by Ricardo who introduced himself as our room steward. He graciously introduced himself to us and asked us our needs on this cruise. We told him our needs were simple, just keep the ice bucket full. We had brought bottles of wine on board and he obtained a large white bucket for our room (2 actually). He knew we were traveling with the person in 2324 and we were in 2328. He kept both our ice buckets full and even put the wine in them to be chilling so it was ready when we got back from our days at shore. No matter how many times we came and went from the room during the day, when we would return we could tell that he had been there and freshened our room. My husband had knee surgery 4 weeks ago and on a couple of days after we returned his knee was bothering him and Ricardo provided us with ice in a plastic bag to put on his knee. His kindness and compassion did not go unnoticed.  I think this is the kind of employee that Carnival needs to keep in its employ. He made us feel like FAMILY.

The food was ok, however the service was excellent. On Thursday, we met Darinko in the Sunset Restaurant on Deck 3. His smile lit up the room. He was such a nice young man. He had another server helping him, Natasa. She too, had a lovely attitude. Their smiles and attitude made us want to come back the next evening. We did and requested them. By time the evening was over, I felt like they were family. The next morning, I saw them as I was waiting to leave the ship at 6 a.m. and they stopped and spoke to us and told us to have a good holiday season. These two are KEEPERS. They are the kind of employees that Carnival should confirm.

On the next to the last day, I found the Havana Bar near the Lido deck. I thought you had to have a reservation, but not so for breakfast. That is also where they have the omelets that are made to order. 11th floor front of ship for quiet and privacy.