Nice ship. but no wow factor.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 05, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sunshine

The Sunshine is a very nice ship. It was refurbished a year ago, but you can tell it is not a new ship. I was expecting a bit more from the newest ship in the Carnival fleet. I have been on serveral of Carnival's ships. The Sunshine didn't have that WOW factor that you expect when you board a new ship. I remember when I first boarded the Dream, it was impressive. I actually stood there to take in the beauty before I proceeded to my cabin. The Sunshine is not like that. It has a lot of nice upgrades like the Lido deck and all of it's eateries...Guy's Burger Joint, El Capitano, JI Ji and the Pizzaria were great. We (party of 5) had "Anytime Dining" which was a little different on the Sunshine. You had to go to deck 5 to get a beeper. The dining room was on deck 3. If you went around 7:00 your average wait was 25-30 minutes. Service in the main dining room was slow. It appeared they were under staffed. With "Anytime Dining" you get a different table each night so the personal attention that we were used to was not there. We were on deck 6 cabin 6177. This is a great location, close to dining, the theatre and the fun shops. As usual, the cabin stewart was excellent. The entertainment is a must see. We went to all of the shows and enjoyed every minute.

Loved Guy's Burger Joint

A lot of storage space.

Have breakfast on the Lidon deck. Get your food and go the back of the ship (Havana Bar) to eat. Great views and it is not crowded.