You'll never get me on a boat! Cruises are for idiots!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 25, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sunshine

I will never vacation any other way than on a ship from now on. I loved the process. I loved the attention I got. I loved the food. I loved the shows. I loved my stateroom. I really loved falling asleep watching the ship channels after a great pampered meal and waking up in a new place everyday!

I bought a great new Invicta Watch duty free which I love.Love I met some great people and saw some people I knew from work on my ship too. I am an introvert by nature. I do not really care to get too involved but the ship allowed me to relax at my own pace and choose how involved I wanted to be.

Guest services helped me solve some minor dining issues which made me very happy. The crew were mostly from many unknown parts of the world but were so sweet to me. This one little Chinese girl that checked me into dinner always called me "Sir William". I liked that! So much that I signed all my tickets that way from then on. LOL!Wink

I could pick apart some weak areas because ships are not perfect. However the benefits to me were far greater than any little picky details.Big Smile

Biggest downer...having to leave!Crying I made sure I was the absolute last passenger off the Sunshine. They almost had to kick me off. I actually teared up a little as I disembarked.Crying

PS. Some people did not like the layout of the new Sunshine/Destiny. However..I loved the fact that I had to walk around a lot up and down to get places. It was challenging. Then considering all the Guy's Burgers, Pizza and three course meals...I took the stairs...A LOT! Haha!

Great excersise.  Wink

I got spoiled, Great Selections, Amazing Service

So many things to do

The music was great, Hasbro was so fun, The announcements kept me informed.

My cabin guy Hero! Thanks for the Ice and Towel Animals! Everyone Thank you!

So Clean, So Cool, So Organized

Home away from home. I loved the little towel animals they made. The guys turned down my bed every night and made up my room every morning. I could get use to that. It was most quiet. I could hear the propellers and feel the gentle pitch of the ship. Just like being in a cradle. Loved it!

Try a little of everything! Plan to walk a lot and embrace it that way you won't gain too much eating all the time. The formal dinning rooms are great but the buffets especially breakfast are just as good.
Try the specially restaurants for about $12.00 bucks you get the royal treatment.

Smooth Process
Historic and meaningful
Cool place
Locals were super cool and friendly devastated by hurricanes spend money here!