Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: First Mate

A little crowded, but beyond expectations for sure

Sail Date: April 27, 2014

We had an inside stateroom, which was fine.  We spent very little time in it and it served it's purpose.  It felt slightly larger than others I've had in the past.  The room was very quiet and clean.

The food was really good - I'd give it an 8 out of 10. The best meal I had was a chateaubriand steak. The best desert was the chocolatte melting cake, hands down... ordered it every night.  The JiJi Restaurant was definitely worth it. We paid an extra $12 and had the best meal of the week.

Service was also good - I had heard complaints, but was very pleasantly surprised.  We met some truly great staff members over the five days.

The entertainment was better than on the past couple cruises I've been on.  They were much more passionate and looked to really be giving it their all.  The comedian, Tony something was the funniest comedian I've ever seen.

The amenities were really nice.  The Alchemy Bar serves amazing drinks and has a really nice atmosphere.  The Piano Bar was a blast and we stopped by there for at least an hour every night.  Guys Burgers and Iguana Cantina were so delicious.  The buffet wasn't that great, but no need with the other venues.  Also, it wasn't tough to find deck chairs in the Serenity area, which I was afraid of.  Grab a hammock and a scotch while the sun is setting for a really great experience.

I'd definitely sail the Sunshine again... expecially if I lived in the area and could take advantage of some of the last minute deals.

One last thing... I noticed that people were extremely friendly on this ship.  We made more friends in the five days than on any of my other sailings. I don't know if we just got lucky or if it comes with the friendly atmosphere the ship creates.

Cruise Photos

For only $12 extra, you can dine at Ji Ji - it was the best meal of the week and very quiet up there.