It was ok

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Sunrise

4 Night Bahamas (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 13, 2020

Ship: Carnival Sunrise

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8351

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Overall we had fun, but I don't plan on doing a cruise again. I really disliked having to wait for 15 plus minutes for everything we needed. In the end we spent a ton of money for this trip with the drink packages and the upgraded room and it wasnt worth it due to the service and overcrowded boat.

Embarkation

Once we got on the boat everyone was directed to one area and it was overly crowded. It took at least 20 minites to get a drink at the bar or food for lunch.

Ship experiences

The specialty restaurants were the best like the taco bar and burger bar. The lines at the bar and in the main dining area were wayyyyyy too long. Most of the trip I felt like was spent waiting in lines.

My kids loved the waterslides and the movies by the pool.

Great shows that were entertaining.

We went on the trip as a family and we have 2 young kids. The bartenders would not allow my husband or I to get drinks for eachother while one of us supervises the kids. Again, we spent most of the trip waiting in lines, so we had to wait at the bar one by one fore 20 minutes each. At Half Moon Bay my son and I waited about 30 minutes to get bottled water. Noone even tried to serve us, we ended up leaving the island because we were told not to bring food or drinks off the boat but then couldnt get any on the island. This was extremely dissatisfying and was the destination we looked forward to the most, and didnt get to enjoy it.

They were always cleaning and the room was nice.

Ship tip

Change your drink policies, hire wayyy more staff that can promptly serve all the guests, and stop telling people they have to buyt food and drinks on your island, that ruined my experience

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Confusing to find what port we needed to get to. It wasnt on any of the paperwork and we ended up having to call another taxi to find the ship.

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

The island was beyond beautiful. The staff and number of people working from the ship was not nearly enough.

Disembarkation