Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean

Carnival Splendor - Not what I expected.

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cynthia, our rep, is great! However, service was not great on this ship. It was much lower than the level of service I have received on any other ship and much lower than I expect from Carnival. Out rooms were not ready well after check in time (after 1:30pm). When we did arrive to the room the bathroom had not been cleaned and the refrigerator was filthy. Our shower was not draining properly, and even after requesting a plumber it still did not drain properly. There were days our room was not cleaned twice. I had to ask for towel animals on Day 3 after I realized not a single one had been left in our room. We rarely saw our room steward - so she made no effort to remember our names (which is unlike any of my other Carnival experiences). Service around the ship in general was sub par - especially at the buffet. Our dining staff was great. Also, because of the hurricane we had an itinerary change. We had excursions that were NOT booked through Carnival and we needed to alert them to our changes. The lines at the service desk were insane because everyone was making changes. I made a quick call from my room to alert my excursion people we would be arriving 2 days early. I was told to request a courtesy waiver or "credit" of the phone charges since it was due to the change in itenerary. After waiting in line 45min+ to try to have the charges waived....the service Representative refused to waive the charges and was very rude. These are just a few of the many service issues that stood out during our trip. I have always been pleased with Carnival's service. Not this trip.

Service was not great on this ship. It was much lower than the level of service I have received on any other ship and much lower than I expect from Carnival. Out rooms were not ready well after check in time (after 1:30pm). When we did arrive to the room the bathroom had not been cleaned and the refrigerator was filthy. Our shower was not draining properly, and even after requesting a plumber it still did not drain properly. There were days our room was not cleaned twice. I had to ask for towel animals on Day 3 after I realized not a single one had been left in our room. We rarely saw our room steward - so she made no effort to remember our names (which is unlike any of my other Carnival experiences). Service around the ship in general was sub par - especially at the buffet. Our dining staff was great. Also, because of the hurricane we had an itinerary change. We had excursions that were NOT booked through Carnival and we needed to alert them to our changes. The lines at the service desk were insane because everyone was making changes. I made a quick call from my room to alert my excursion people we would be arriving 2 days early. I was told to request a courtesy waiver or "credit" of the phone charges since it was due to the change in itenerary. After waiting in line 45min+ to try to have the charges waived....the service Representative refused to waive the charges and was very rude. These are just a few of the many service issues that stood out during our trip. I have always been pleased with Carnival's service. Not this trip.

Dining Room staff was good. Chloe the cruise director was wonderful. Outside of that, this ship could use an overhaul.