Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

What a vacation!!!

Sail Date: July 16, 2016

I had an amazing time on this vacation and this ship.  Though like many say, the decor is a bit eclectic, but I enjoyed it.  The staff was always working their tails off, constantly said hello with a smile, offered to help in any way and made the ship come to life.  The only 2 little complaints I had was the small pool sizes (especially the adult-only) - we were crammed in there on sea days - and the lack of control the pit bosses seemed to have.  I don't gamble a ton, but each night I did they allowed multiple people to chant "21" each time a new hand of black jack was dealt.  Funny at first, but then very annoying and distracting.  Multiple gamblers complained, but nothing was done.  Overall, I would go on this trip and this ship again in a heart beat!  I found the entertainment to be solid (especially the live music in the lobbies), the food scrumptious, the staff pampering and the ports breath-taking!!!

To save $, we got an inside cabin that was randomly selected. We were on deck 1 all the way in the back of the ship. I found this convenient to all the pools and buffets and enjoyed the swaying of the ship at night.
The line in Miami seemed super long, but we were on board in less than 40 minutes w/o the FTTF pass
I do wish there were more comics on board. The shows offered were good, but on my previous cruises, there were way more show offerings!
We loved our room steward, Rolan, and our wait staff: Tomi, Carlos and Reynaldo!!!!
If something isn't to your liking, just order something else!!!
Miami, Florida
Grand Turk Island
Margaritaville pool is gorgeous and they don't charge for use of the facility or the free WiFi
La Romana, Dominican Republic
Grab a $5/person (each way) taxi to a local beach a chair and drink rum from a fresh coconut!
Oranjestad, Aruba
Eagle Beach is gorgeous and not over crowded like Palm Beach. Also, check out the Sunset Cocktail Cruise via Carnival excursions!!!
Willemstad, Curacao
Check out the Dolphin Academy (swim with the dolphins) & Mambo Beach

If you like your wait staff the first night, as for them each night. They get to know you and will give first class service. Don't forget to bring cash and tip them, and your room steward, at the end of the week - they really work so hard for so little!