Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ok cruise, but awful disembarkation. Doubt I use Carnival in the future because of that.

Sail Date: May 15, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Great crew, enough so that I overlooked a lot of the gaudy pink design of the ship.  Great cruise overall, but the disembarkation was awful.  There were people literally sitting on the floor due to carnival made bottlenecks.  This really wound up souring a process that has been smooth in past experiences.

Good view, great room. Loved it.
Disembarkation was AWFUL. They ushered us out of rooms by 8:30 AM but then had us wait for three hours plus while the ship cleared customs and we cleared the bottlenecks Carnival created. Also, they didn't do the disembarkation in any rational manner (top down, priority members etc) they did it by alternating levels. This meant that people who paid much less for rooms were leaving well before I was. This process needs some serious looking at.
This ship had pink everywhere. Instead of a luxurious cruise ship, I felt like I was in a floating casino at times. The pink and certain decorations on lido were just plain gaudy.

Try and overlook the pink interior and enjoy the cruise. The food is great and the staff is awesome. I never once felt the ship was unclean, the design was just tacky.