Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ship was lacking activities and staff weren't as friendly

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

I have been on several cruise lines. My daughter and I took a Carnival cruise in August and had a wonderful time. Because of the great time we had, we decided to stick with Carnival for this trip. Unfortunately it was a major disappointment. The cruise director for Splendor isn't familiar with her job title because there wasn't much in the way of entertainment. On all the other cruises I have taken there has been around the clock music or activities of some sort, but this ship didn't have much. Even the club didn't open until 11 and it closed at 2.They had 2 comedy shows that repeated. Even the staff didn't seem as friendly or as helpful as the other cruises I have taken. I loved the ports of call. Jamaica was annoying because the vendors start carving your name into wood carvings and I didn't want to take anything free. But once you open your wallet they make you feel bad and want more money.