Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mostly good

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

Our room steward was extremely attentive and helpful.  Our room was freshened every day without fail.  The food in the dining room was mostly good...the "southern fried chicken" was horrible...I could not even eat one bite of it, as it was just kind of a long bone with dried up, overcooked skin on it.  I heard the same from about two other passengers.  Overall the food was good, though.  The buffet food could use some improvement, but for the most part was ok.  I think the reason the food was cold, etc. could be waiting so long in lines.  We started having breakfast in the Gold Pearl, and that was quite good.  The ship was clean and well taken care of.  We never did meet the captain, though, and we would have liked to.  The ports were fun, although we did not like getting off in Jamaica and having everyone on the island in your face trying to get you to buy.  We will pass on Jamaica next time.  I still love Grand Cayman, and this was my second visit there.  Also my second visit to Cozumel and I enjoyed that, too.  That's about it.  Overall the trip was fine.

I would have preferred a porthole or balcony....this was our first time in an inside room and it was a little close.

The casino and comedy shows are the best thing going.

1 Comment