Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Great time.

Sail Date: June 17, 2014

What a great itinerary. Two of my favorites. Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay, the private island. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful destination. I just wish they stayed here over night. My sister is the group leader so she rented a villa on HMC for all of us to enjoy. If you have the money, I would do it. You get fruit, snacks and drinks. It is 2 levels with a hot tub and private bathroom, AC, ceiling fan, kitchen, scuba gear, beach chairs, etc.

Our villa.

Cruise Photos

We had a premium balcony which is a balcony that is oddly shaped in order to fill an odd space. It was a little bigger than a regular balcony room and had a balcony that was 1 1/2 times bigger than usual. We knew our neighbors so we opened the divider and had a huge balcony. We LOVED this room.
Get there early like around 11AM. We got on the ship in about 20 minutes after we arrived.
Always clean. Friendly crew also.
Grand Turk we went to Jack's Shack 500 yards down the beach to have a drink and then to Margaritaville for lunch with our group.
Half Moon Cay we had a villa and went swimming with stingrays. Ver cheap and I loved it. I had done the stingrays in Grand Turk before so I knew I'd love it.
Nassau we just walked around town and took in the sights.
Always something going on.
Two words......Camp Carnival. None of the kids in our group complained.
Never disappoints.
Always so attentive. I try to make them work as little as possible. They have such a heavy work load.
SOOO MUCH FOOD!!! We go to the steakhouse on the 1st night and get a free bottle of wine with dinner.
New York, New York
Our usual port of departure.
Grand Turk Island
Skip Margaritaville. way over priced. Lunch for 2 of us was $96.00. All we got was appetizers and a drink. Instead go down the beach 500 yards to the left to Jack's Shack. Great food and great owners. The collect license plates.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
if you have the extra money, rent a villa. You get fruit, snacks and drinks. It is 2 levels with a hot tub and private bathroom, AC, ceiling fan, kitchen, scuba gear, beach chairs, etc. Well worth the money.
It was nice to walk around town. We wanted some local money so we asked at the one shop. None of the locals had any so the directed us to the bank. LOL

Deck 6 forward, as far front as you could possibly get is a hidden secret. We were the only 2 there. We saw a lot of flying fish. It was so neat.
Take pair of binoculars to use while out on deck or on your balcony. I plan on buying a pair.