Carnival Has A Good Product

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 02, 2015
Cabin Type: Suite

I am a seasoned cruise traveler having completed over 50+ cruises on multiple cruise lines.  I believe Carnival provides an excellent product for the price paid for the trip.  I have been on Carnival multiple times beginning in the 1980s and I have found their food has improved, their ships are immaculate, the crew very nice and welcoming and their newer ships very spacious.  In contrast, Royal Caribbean who people seem to hold as a standard of excellence pales to Carnival in many areas, most notably the cuisine.  Although their ships are something to behold, bigger is not always better.  For those planning their first cruise I recommend Carnival you will most certainly enjoy it and get great value for the price.