Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Wonderful time

Sail Date: April 26, 2015

This was my first time on any cruise and I absolutely loved it. We went to Jamaica, the Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel. The crew was friendly and there was always something exciting to do. Our cruise excursions were great, though I would hope that if booked with a cruise, the pictures wouldn't be so expensive. The excursions were fantastic, but buying pictures at $30+ a piece is outrageous. There should be some sort of discount for those wanting to buy pictures. To put things in perspective, a cd of pictures + a video of the dolphin swim was $365. My ticket for the windowless cabin cost that much...

The food was excellent and there were always plenty of options for picky eaters. The quality of the food was far better than I expected, and I was always full.

The ship is showing slight signs of age in various places (no lightbulbs, stains on the ceilings of the lobby, etc.) The rooms were great and looked like new. They were well taken care of.

My wife said the general atmosphere was much more of a party than other cruises (this was a plus for us).

I have to complain a little bit about the gym because it is so tiny. When running on the treadmills, I often felt like I was going to brush the ceiling (just a perception). I am 5'9'' and there was a few inches extra, but it didn't feel like much. The free weights area seemed rather cramped.

Didn't use them
Disliked how we always had to pay exorbitant fees for a 5 cent picture.
Miami, Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We felt like we were always nickle-and-dimed everywhere we went.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Awesome stingray excursion. Well priced and lots of fun.
Awesome dolphin swim. Safe, clean, fun. Pictures were $30 a piece- which is just crap.

We only found the Tandoori bar on the second to last day, but it was one of our favorite places to eat.