Learning Experience

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 16, 2014
Ship: Carnival Splendor

My disappointment with this first cruise is caused by me taking SEVERAL things for granted and not doing enough investigation to prepare myself .  I felt lost all the time on the ship and was bored - nothing to do that interested me, Before you go - check out everything and don't take the smallest thing for granted. A cruise is NOT LIKE any other vacation you have ever had. Casino full of cigarette smoke - lots of happy loud children and tons of free lunchroom quality food. Ship employees extremely accommodating and friendly. Lots of couples and groups - making single seating sparse. I 'MIGHT" take another one , but will use this experience as a guideline and will be better prepared if a next time happens.Nervous

PLenty to eat - just "so-so". Nothing you would ever want the recipe for.

not enough variety

seemed like it was for "older" people or for children

n/a

always smiling and happy.

Ship interior was dated and worn.

Cabin was everything you need - I would probably never get another room without at least a porthole . Shower is very small - reminded me of camping.

Check drink policies before you book . Ship is huge - prepare to be lost and devise plan to find other parties if you get separated. Very limited shopping - don't leave things at home that you might need.

we boarded and departed with no stay in Miami
People VERY friendly - great beach massages.
I would like to go back and stay longer. Good food.
We had limited time - beach was great.