Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Learning Experience

Sail Date: November 16, 2014

My disappointment with this first cruise is caused by me taking SEVERAL things for granted and not doing enough investigation to prepare myself .  I felt lost all the time on the ship and was bored - nothing to do that interested me, Before you go - check out everything and don't take the smallest thing for granted. A cruise is NOT LIKE any other vacation you have ever had. Casino full of cigarette smoke - lots of happy loud children and tons of free lunchroom quality food. Ship employees extremely accommodating and friendly. Lots of couples and groups - making single seating sparse. I 'MIGHT" take another one , but will use this experience as a guideline and will be better prepared if a next time happens.Nervous

Ship interior was dated and worn.
PLenty to eat - just "so-so". Nothing you would ever want the recipe for.
always smiling and happy.
seemed like it was for "older" people or for children
Children's Programs n/a
not enough variety
we did not take excursions because of additional cost
Cabin was everything you need - I would probably never get another room without at least a porthole . Shower is very small - reminded me of camping.
Miami, Florida
we boarded and departed with no stay in Miami
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
People VERY friendly - great beach massages.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I would like to go back and stay longer. Good food.
Grand Turk Island
We had limited time - beach was great.

Check drink policies before you book . Ship is huge - prepare to be lost and devise plan to find other parties if you get separated. Very limited shopping - don't leave things at home that you might need.