Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Our Cruise to Cananda

Sail Date: September 01, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My husband and I celebrated our 50th anniversary by taking our daughter, her husband & 3 kids on the 5 night cruise to Canada.  We enjoyed it tremendously.  I was a little disappointed in the fact that I had attempted to secure a chapel room for a non denominational Bible Study months prior to our cruise.  I was told that it would not be allowed, however, we had taken a trip on Princess Cruise Lines 4 years ago, and someone else had requested & it was granted,  a slot in the chapel for such a service (the time & location was even written on each day's itinerary).  This ended up being the highlight of our cruise that particular year, being able to meet with other Christians & sharing our faith.

I also felt as if the photographs taken on board ship were a little pricy.  We ended up purchasing 3 because we had failed to bring our camera, but I can't remember them being that expensive on any of the other 8 cruises we have been on.

We did miss the Captain's Night dinner, as it was announced the previous night in the dining room.  The noise level was so high, and with the gentlemen's accent, we could not hear/understand anything

he was saying.  We were a little disappointed to show up in our dressy clothes rather than our more formal attire we had packed for the special occasion.   Apparently others had missed the announcement as well since I did not see too many dressed in fancy attire.  Perhaps the announcements could be made over the loud speakers in the earlier part of the mornings, so that everyone would be informed properly.     Other than that, everything was excellent.

It seemed to be an older ship

Enjoyed a Reuben Sandwich everyday for lunch made to my specifications.