Food and food service not so splendor!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 28, 2013
Ship: Carnival Splendor
The food and food services were horrible on the Lido deck and Golden Pearl. The reason why was,the Lido buffet ,nobody came to your table and asked you if they could get you drinks like on other cruises I've been on. So adults and children were forced to bumping into one another and knocking drinks off their trays. The lemon aid was way too sweet and sour. The food wasn't hot and the lines were out of control. Too out of control. like total chaos. So after waiting for a table , then waiting for food , I had to now go on a line and wait for a drink? Then The food staff did not come to pick up the used trays either. One woman on the table next to us had so many used trays that she decided to place her used tray with used food onto our table. I hate eating at those "all you could eat buffets". I like to be served and pampered when I'm on vacation. But, when you read the following you'll see why I couldn't most of the times.
Another thing I didn't like and, I was not used to because of my previous cruising experiences, was that I could not eat a sit down breakfast and lunch at my normal formal dinning area which was the black pearl. You could have only had what "they"' call a brunch which pretty used the same menus for breakfast and lunch every day and was served only at the Golden Pearl. Then during port calls if you wanted to have a formal dinner or sit down "brunch" at the Golden Pearl You couldn't because it was closed which meant that you had to do upstairs and eat at the filthy Lido deck with the other 3000 plus passengers bumping into one another and scrambling for food and spilling their drinks, looking for tables while the food staff people watched on. At one "brunch " I went to and asked for a medium rare steak and got a completely cold raw steak. I asked the waiter If he could exchange it and he said yes but after 20 minutes of waiting , he never came back to my table . And here's the best part, there weren't a lot of people seated for service. The pizza bar and hamburger bar were suppose to be open 24 seven but they weren't . And, I could confirm it because anther passenger on board complained about it as well. Malcolm (cruise director) and the entertainment made up for some of the bad experience but that wasn't enough for me to rate the cruise experience higher. I look for 2 things when I go on cruises: 1. The food and service and 2. The entertainment and carnival did not come through on the food and service. So there you have a dissatisfied customer after sailing on 4 previous cruises.

Tic Tac toe and bean toss? Really?

Malcolm was great!

My daufgter liked the camp.

VIFP? I didn't get to have a cocktail with the captin

foul smell in cetain areas of ship.

Will not do it again. For the same price I could have sailed with Royal Caribbean or Princess like I've done in the passed for better food and service!

Total chaos otside the terminal
Really nothing to see or do except for Margaritaville with out a extra price.
Changed to San Juan