Spend a week on the Spledor

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 23, 2011
Ship: Carnival Splendor
Overall my wife and I enjoyed our recent cruise (23-Oct-11) on the Splendor. It was the second time we've taken this cruise and this ship together. The first was our Honeymoon and the most recent was for our anniversary. We did find our bed uncomfortable, but that is more likely due to the fact that we have a memory foam mattress at home and anything less feels pretty lousy.

Sushi bar excellent. Would like to see a larger assortment of choices though. I wish we could have gotten early dinner, 8:15 is pretty late. Pizzeria and burger stand were some of our favorites.

There was enough going on to keep just about anyone amused and busy.

Steward and wait staff were very good. Rest of staff very nice and customer service desk very knowledgeable and friendly.

Ship looked good, fresh varnish on railings and new paint all around looked sharp.

Stateroom looked good, our door lock failed but maintenance was quick to respond. Also our balcony light did not work, but we didn't mind that at all.
Original planned excursion cancelled due to lack of interest. Got a backup excursion in its place that was a lot of fun.
Hot and Humid, but that's not anyone's fault. Did not like being hounded by every store owner as we walked down the street. If I want to buy something, I'll walk in myself.

Pros: very relaxing week

Cons: uneven volumes on shipboard tv service, and rather uncomfortable beds in our cabin.

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!