Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Susan's Birthday Gift Cruise

Sail Date: July 31, 2011

The ship is an engineering marvel. I took the behind the fun tour and enjoyed that very much. I wish it was longer. I would have enjoyed more time in the engine control room as I am an engineer myself. The Splendor is a huge ship. Very impressive!

Pros: Spending Susan's Birthday in Cabo and enjoying dinner in the steak house that evening. She loved it and I did too!

Cons: The soda program. I am thirsty and am used to drinking my sodas 32 to 44 oz at a time. It was a bit of a hassle to have to keep going back for less than 12 oz at a time.

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

We had an inside stateroom so we got what I expected. I plan to at least have a window next time. A clock in the room would have been nice. I had to turn the TV on to check the time. I eventually bought a watch, which may have been your intention.
My room was on the 9th floor. It was a perfect spot to be. It was close to the pool areas and the buffets. We spent a lot of time on that floor.
Only complaint here was my wife and I would have liked to have dined at one of the larger tables. We were at a table for 2. On previous cruises we sat with at least 2 other couples and were able to share experiences with them.
No specific examples. Everyone was very helpful. No complaints.
I loved the shows. The costumes and the dancing and music not to mention the lighting. The best I've seen!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We didn't plan an excursion and probably should have. We shopped and got some great jewelry. It was fun but we had more fun in Cabo.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We did the Lovers Beach and Snorkle. We enjoyed that the best. We did the Salsa - Salsa the next day. It was a ball also. I highly recommend both.
Don't Miss: Snorkling