Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

A Great Honeymoon Cruise!

Sail Date: May 22, 2011

Everything was awesome! There was so much to do around the ship but if you just wanted to relax in your room that was even enjoyable! The room was bigger than on past ships I have been on and all the rooms had a tv that you could enjoy. The shows in the lounge were great the dancers and singers did a great job. The comedy shows were really funny I wish I was able to go to all of them but there was just so much going on all over the ship!

Pros: The Shows, Activities, The main dining was delicious and entertaining!

Cons: The hot tub was not really hot but it was still ok.

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

The main dining room food was excellent! The Buffets were just ok but there were so much other food to choose from that I never felt like I was going hungry. My husband really enjoyed the 24-hour pizza buffet and I enjoyed the Mongolian area and the hamburgers were pretty good.
The ship was bigger than other carnival ships I have been on. Everything was always clean and the servers did a great job cleaning everything up fast when there was a mess.
We were on deck 9-the Lido deck so the location was great we were near all the action! And they closed the hallway near us at night so if we went to bed early we wouldnt hear all the noise from the party going on nearby. The room was nice and big. We had a queen size bed and a sofa (that looked like it might of turned into a bed too) and a vanity area and lots of closet space.I never felt cramped in the room! We also had a balcony and we had plenty of room out there as well.
All the staff was great! They were helpful and always willing to do anything that we needed. They really made the trip amazing.
The shows were all great! I loved the comedy and the Broadway style shows in the theater. Everyone did a great job!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
There was this place right off the pier to the right that had amazing shrimp tacos! I cant remember the name of the place but it was all outdoors. They were tempura style and really great! The excursion we did was snorkeling at Santa Maria and Chilleno bay. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the tour guide. The next day in Cabo we took a water taxi to lovers beach and it was a lot of fun if you want to go somewhere pretty and more relaxed. If you want to party at the beach you might want to go to the other one it was bigger and had lots of bars along the beach. This port really had something for everyone!
Don't Miss: Lovers Beach
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I thought this port was just alright not to exciting. The excursion we did was really fun though. We did the Country side on horseback. On the drive to the ranch the our guides talked about some of the sites in the area and then when we got there we got to go on the horse for a ride. We also had the option (that we took!) To ride a horse while it swam in the river. It was really fun and a unique experience.
Don't Miss: Countryside on horseback