It sucked, I won't do it again

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 20, 2011
Ship: Carnival Spirit
For me this was a cruise that was a money grab. Everything was about getting your money. Numerous times a day the speakers would ring with the cruise director telling you what was happening and most of the time it would cost you money to do the acitivities. Then we had a chance to spend a night in Cabo, but the ship didn't let that happen. Let me explain. We were to spend 2 days in Cabo because of the violence in Mazatlan. We went to Cabo but we were told to be back on the boat by 6:00 because the boat had to sail out. Not sure why because we were back there the next morning. Why couldn't people spend a night or even an evening in Cabo? In Cabo we could get a bucket of 7 beer and chips and salsa for $10 dollars, but on board they were 4 for $21. They chose to spend a whole night of burning deisel out in the ocean just to make sure they had their captives to spend the money on board. it's all about the money grab. Every day we were bombarded with people trying to get us to spend money on one thing or another. I will never cruise with Carnival again. I hated it.

It was more about getting parents/ kids to spend money.

It was very small.

Pros: the comedians

Cons: the whole cruise was a sales job. It was all about getting my money. It was like a week long advertisement for their product. it was all about getting you to spend money. I hated it.

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.