a relaxing vacation

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 13, 2008
Ship: Carnival Spirit
The best thing about the ship is the crew.

The food was mostly good and sometimes even above expectations. There were some items that were average and one that was totally unacceptable. The room service menu was limited especially for breakfast.

The nightly shows were mostly good, the comedians were very good and the magic show was too. The dancers costumes and the sets were great, but the skills of the dancers was only average or below. Not too many activities that included hand crafts, lots of fun games though.

The crew consistently went above and beyond. The cabin steward made sure our every request was fulfilled with speed and efficiency.

The ship feels small because the public areas are cramped with rather garish decor. The ship appears to be very clean and the crew seems to be very hardworking. However, some of the furnishings, especially the dining room chairs are a bit worn.

The room was beautiful and clean, however, I woke with insect bites several mornings so I can only assume the bedding had some kind of infestation.
This was a charming place! Great shopping. The Mexico show was very colorful, but the quality of the performance was average or below average.
I did the Sea of Cortez snorkel and was distressed because there were three cruise ships in port so it was really crowded. But the excursion ship was very good and the crew was excellent. They gave us a really substantial snack that was very tasty and just right. The shopping at the Mercado was good.
Had a fabulous experience snorkeling with sea lions! The water was seriously cold and the excursion supplied wet suits, which was a new experience for me. It was memorable, however, the tour guide (American) could not communicate with the crew (Mexican) and i think that is potentially troublesome. I speak English and Spanish fluently and I know the tour guide often told the crew and captain some things that they did not comprehend and vice versa. We saw some wonderful sea life-it was a real thrill.
Don't Miss: snorkeling with sea lions!
Don't Miss: snorkeling with sea lions!

Pros: The crew was the best! Consistently friendly, courteous, helpful, and pleasant

Cons: I had several insect bites when I would get up in the mornings; maybe from the bedding. The ship's decor was garish and the entertainment dancers were not very good

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.