Not worth the time and money

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Sensation

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 08, 2019

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: E215

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I cannot express enough that I do not recommend Carnival Cruise Lines!

Embarkation

It was a made house with luggage handlers harrasing you to check your bags and getting upset if you did not want to.

Ship experiences

It was difficult to find something that actually tasted good. I had to force myself to eat the burgers just so that I would have some food on my stomach. The best meal I had was off the boat in Grand Turks. The pancakes were four inches thick and dry. The French toast was oddly thick as well and looked like a bread bowl. The food did not even look appealing.

Pool Bar

Bartenders were not the friendliest and acted as if they did not want to make drinks.

Restaurants

I will just say that the best meal I had was off the boat in Grand Turks.

Pizzeria

Only two people working and you could tell that they were overworked and unhappy about it. They should have more help since it is 24 hours and becomes high demand once the buffet closes.

Michelangelo Lounge

Cute little venue for karaoke

Kaleidoscope Dance Club

Small but decent amount of seating for those who need to rest their feet. DJs played decent music but they played the same thing every night after the theme ended.

Grand Buffet

It was very difficult to find food that actually tasted like food.

They had the same activities every day (karaoke, comedy shows, CLUE). The main pool on the Lido deck looked like it had not been cleaned in years. We did not trust getting into it. The arcade was the size of a state room.

Serenity

Very small area with only two hot tubs.

Mini Golf

Small and not worth the effort unless you are really bored and need to occupy the your time.

Guest Services / Shore Excursions

I was able to get issues handled as fairly quickly. We could not get the chat feature to work on the app for my 12 year old brother and they were able to refund the $5 charge.

Club Vegas Casino

It was your usual Smokey Casino.

Although not always age appropriate, the Latin show was the best show of the cruise

Fantasia Main Lounge

Getting the right seat can be a bit of a challenge.

We looked into the kids area and it did not appear to be enough to keep the kids entertained so they stayed with the family.

Video Arcade

The Video Arcade was the size of one stateroom.

Rooms were dirty/dusty. I was so glad that I packed Lysol wipes to wipe everything down. With such a short change over time there is no way that the rooms can be cleaned properly. I also took my own washcloths and was thankful I did that as well because there was what appeared to be dried up blood on the towels. There also appeared to be blood stains on the edge of the bedding.

This ship is in need of some major updates. It looks like it has be sailing for 100 years and they never took the time to update anything.

Mattress was uncomfortable and left me with pain on my sides. It was dusty and the towels were not clean. They also keep extra bedding on the floor of the closets in the room which cannot be clean!

Ship tip

Do not book with Carnival! Save up and go with a better cruise line!

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

We only got on the boat in Miami and did not participate in any excursions

I was expecting Nassau to be breath taking like the photos but I was underwhelmed.

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

The private island was much better. The water was clear and you did not have people walking along the beach trying to pressure you into "foot massages" or purchasing cigars.

Grand Turk Island

The people in Grand Turk were the nicest. Minus the guys on the beach that want you to book tours. They are a bit pushy and not constant with their pricing. When you ask them questions they will casually walk away thinking that you will forget who they are.

Disembarkation

Getting off the boat was easy but all the employees were rude and pushy.