Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Bermuda

Great dinners in the Main Dining Room with Neil, I Nyoman, and Gede!!

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Our Dining Room servers were the best. They were  Neil, I Nyoman and Gede (Table #203) and they kept us laughing through every dinner.  We had the late seating for dinner on the 7-day Bermuda cruise out of Baltimore, and after dinner these guys danced, sang and generally entertained us. They were warm, friendly and interesting.  It was the BEST part of our cruise.

We also had a wonderful Stateroom Steward named Akhmad (Room 1230), and he was just great.  Our room was always perfect.  My husband is very sensitive to any motion at all, and tends gets very motion-sick, so he was in bed at various times of day, depending on the sea conditions (except in port).high  So our bed was made twice a day, and our bathroom cleaned and fresh towels put out twice a day, not to mention our little towel animals which were the cutest!  Akhmad took wonderful care of us, and spoiled us daily.  Truly, what great service.  We have no complaints about any service we received in any part of the ship and only high praise.  This was our first Carnival cruise,

It had a large window, and a large sofa and a large coffee table, so having room service was great. We had a king bed (one bed, not two pushed together) which was nice, and the linens were so, so soft. No flat screen TVs, but that was fine. TV channels were difficult to navigate, but we got over it. Not a whole lot of channels though. I loved our bathroom - plenty of storage room, and I LOVED our shower - it had a curved shower curtain which made it seem huge! The towels were thick and new - very nice, we felt so spoiled!
Embarkation was slow but understandable. Once it got started, it moved okay. Our room wasn't ready because we had an early arrival time (12:30 pm), so, like everyone else, we went to the buffet (madness) to eat and relax, and then looked around the rest of the ship. We got into our room about 1:30-ish which was great.

The Disembarkation was slow. We had to be out of our room by 9:30 am (understandable) and we waited in the show lounge. Our luggage tags were assigned #24 out of 25. Go figure. So we relaxed and I caught up on my book, and my husband caught a few zzzzzs.
The cleanliness of every part of the ship could not have been better. The layout was very confusing, and even up until the last day, I could not tell which direction I was going, and had to refer to the map at the elevators or to the one I had to carry in my pocket every day. Usually I get the layout down pretty quick, but not on this ship. The ship itself is older, but lovely. Every area of the ship was pretty and so well-maintained. So we got misdirected daily, but we survived. All in all a very nice ship.
We have been to Bermuda many times, and I just love it. With the beach, shopping and great restaurants, who wouldn't love it. We surely do!
I went to the spa on three separate days, and had great facials and wonderful massages. I was a little disappointed with how expensive the services have gotten, but they were very nice. The staff could not have been better.

I was disappointed that they did not have something like the Thalassotherapy pool (like on Celebrity) but they did have a nice-sized Jacuzzi at the front of the ship, near the gym, which was very nice.
Children's Programs No kids with us.
We only did one comedian one night after our late dinner (we are generally early-to-bed people), and he was just great! We really enjoyed him. Our last night on the ship we were going to see both comedians after our late dinner, but right before dinner, I started getting a migraine so, no shows! We were sorry we missed them. We don't usually go to any of the big shows on any of the ships, so I can't judge them. I'm sure they were nice too.
Our servers in the Main Dining Room were Neil, I Nyoman and Gede (Table #203), and they were just great!! We wanted to take them home. They made our cruise really wonderful. I can't say enough good things about them and they deserve Super, Super Recognition!! They were the Best!!
Food was good, but better on Celebrity. Service was quick and attentive and they remembered what we liked. I have never had better service on any ship. Our guys were just great!!
Baltimore, Maryland
We stayed overnight in Baltimore, near the Inner Harbor the night before the cruise, since we drove to the port from Charlotte, NC. Parking at hotel $37!! Why?? Had some great crabcakes though.

The vegetable omlettes were to die for at the buffet. Had one almost every day-delish! Room Service worked out great, but hated the lines at the buffets. We ate dinner every night in the Main Dining Room so, no lines. Food was good, but could have been a little more Imaginative, but nicely done.