Some good, mostly bad, don't eat at David's
Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern
Sail Date: April 13, 2014
Ship: Carnival Pride
Cabin Type: Oceanview
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 3 years ago
- Cruising from Port of Baltimore was very convenient.
- Stateroom was well appointed.
- Generally, cruise staff were very helpful and accommodating.
- Food overall, good but not great.
- Excursions were very good.
- Customs clearance was very easy upon return.
- Ship did not call on Freeport as planned due to electrical issues; change in itinerary was communicated less than 5 days before departure. Carnival offered $50pp (+25% off future cruise which has no value for us as we will never cruise Carnival again.) Carnival slashed fares behind the scenes. We cancelled and re-booked same room for $500 less.
- Took too long to get on and off the boat at our two ports of call.
- Basketball court, mini-golf, and water slide closed for much of the trip due to high winds. Bet that usually happens on a vessel that travels up to 20 knots, but hey, it’s advertised on TV!
- Internet VERY expensive and slow at best.
- Too much time spent on the boat with not much to do; my teenage son was bored to tears – first time cruiser and he says he will never take a cruise again.
- Waitresses in David’s Steakhouse were cold and uncaring. We told our server the soup was awful and she said, “Fine, I will bring the salad.” REALLY – that’s it??
- Food in David’s Steakhouse nothing special except for the steak – don’t spend the extra money to dine there, it is not worth it.
- My son (who rarely gets sick) got violently ill on the food from David’s Steakhouse. They accepted no responsibility.
- Casino employee pushing my 13 year old son around (4/19/14 @ 10 am) – REALLY?? Next time, talk to me, the adult in the situation, DO NOT TOUCH MY SON.
- Ancient TV; one electrical outlet.
- The décor is weird, just weird. People have defaced it as a result. I get it.
- Gimme, gimme, gimme. Gratuities, gratuities, gratuities.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Book 9am excursions for Half Moon Cay so you can get off the boat first.