Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

To cruise with carnival or not to cruise with carnival?

Sail Date: March 24, 2013

We boarded the cruise and all was ok at first. The kids were so excited for Camp Carnival. The first day was ridiculous. The drop off line was about 45 minutes long. And that was for one age group. If you had kids of different age groups you had to go to different locations and wait on those lines as well. The whole process could have been simplified and faster. My youngest for some reason was not on the roster so they wrote him in each day which delayed the whole drop off process When I asked how this could be fixed each person told me it wasn't their job to do it. But it wasn't until the 4 th day when I got really annoyed did anyone make it their job to rectify the issue.

The dining room looked more like a diner than a dining room. It was nice but diner nice. The "elegant" night, some guests showed up in jeans and tshirts others wore tuxedos and gowns. On Other cruises I went on, they frowned upon you coming to diner inappropriately dressed. That's why they offer other places to eat.

The service was spotty. Some people were wonderful. Others were not present half the time. My credit card company froze my card because I went out of state. The cruise line did not notify me until I tried to order a drink at 10:30 at night. They could have notified me sooner so that i could take care of the problem without interfering with my own time without the kids. I had to stop the fun to call the credit card company. By the time I was done the evening was done too. I had to pick the kids up.

It was clean. Every where you looked someone was cleaning. However, it wasn't clean enough. My 6 year old ended up with the norovirus on day 5 of the cruise. That was the end for me. I had to stay in my cabin to take care of him. I ordered room service which was a limited menu of sandwiches. My daughter got a grill cheese sandwich which she only took one bite of. The meat on my Reuben sandwich was brown. I always thought cornbeef was pink/red? It was gross. For breakfast, room service offered bagels or cereal. The cream cheese tasted chalky like it was made from a powder or something. The coffee was mildly warm.

The disembarkation was so disorganized. The line wrapped around in circles. It was like one big cluster f$!@. Then try to do it with a child who is not feeling well. It was frustrating to say the least

I will cruise again but not on carnival.

Only eat at the Normandy for breakfast and diner. Don't order room service unless you are ordering cereal