Not recommended

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Paradise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 08, 2017

Ship: Carnival Paradise

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: U-81

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Overall we can honestly say that it will be a long time before we go on a cruise again. This may be our first and last time! If we do go on another cruise, it will be on another ship and a different cruise line.

Embarkation

I was being held up by TSA because the clerk did not process my passport correctly in the computer. Operator error!

Ship experiences

The buffets were fine. They do not open or cater to the early birds like myself. Did not open until 7:30 a.m.. The destiny dining room staff were great. Wish that I could say the same about the chefs. The food more often than not was cold. My wife did not get everything that she ordered on her plate. There wasn't any side dish or potato with her prime rib one night. Her flat iron steak was medium rare and not medium well done on another night there.

The casino was good! The art auction was a rip off!

The karaoke, musicians, and the comedy club were good.

The waiters were good. The room stewards were ok. We changed our own bed linen and towels because they said that they will not change them with us present. We had six small bottles of water taken from our luggage before it arrived to our cabin. They did not return it as we disembarked. I had throat cancer and needed the water to hydrate myself at night! Thanks!

Bathrooms were not the cleanest. Especially the Lido deck. Out of toilet paper. Water leaking on the Lido deck led to more than one person slipping and falling. There was a bucket catching water on the Promenade deck. There was not a yellow warning sign place there. My wife tripped over the bucket and twisted her ankle. Crew members were standing the talking to one another without warning the patrons.

The room is small and outdated. Needs to be renovated. The bed was uncomfortable.

Ship tip

Don't!

Ports of call

Tampa, Florida

We live here.

Key West, Florida

Nice and hot! Take the local sight seeing bus. The drivers are great to explain everything for history buffs.

Take the Isla Passion trip on the catamaran. It was great on the beach. Bathrooms were not so clean.

Disembarkation