Far from a Good Cruise

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Panorama

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 15, 2020

Ship: Carnival Panorama

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 11215

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

If it wasn't for EMMA (Cruise Director) it would have been a far worse experience. She is TERRIFIC and without a doubt the BEST CRUISE DIRECTOR I have ever had on my 60 CRUISES. She definitely made up for SOME of the shortcomings we experienced. To be honest, we talked about getting off the Ship in Cabo or Puerto Vallarta but chose not to. We were extremely disappointed with the Cruise wand Carnival and will NEVER choose Carnival for our Vacation needs again. As a matter of fact, my Niece just asked my opinion for he Family or 5 and I suggested Royal Caribbean and told her to steer clear of Carnival due to my recent experience.

Embarkation

Terrible! We got to the port for our 2:00 Check In SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT and there we NO PORTERS there to assist us with or luggage. My Wife is 67 and I am 61 and we needed assistance and NO ONE was there to HELP!!NO Porters to help with our luggage!!

Ship experiences

The Food was OK, none was exceptional except the Guy's Cheeseburgers! The dining room food was just average at best! We also had an issue with one Hostess at "Anytime Dining Seating". We got there and tried to share our "Carnival Reservation App. problem her and she literally WALKED AWAY from us. NEVER in my 60 CRUISES (16 with Carnival) have I ever been so DISRESPECTED by a Ship's Employee. When I spoke to her supervisor he apologized and bought us 2 glasses of wine which was nice but SOURED us on Her for the entire Week!

The Fitness Center was extremely small and cramped! The Shows were DREADFUL as every night was Singing and Dancing by the Ships Singers/Dancers and they were quite average. the Marriage Show was Funny because of EMMA. Plus there was NO Show VARIETY, there were no Comedians, Magic or other Singers other than the Ship's.

The Shows were the WORST I have ever seen! Dull and Boring! See above!

No Kids traveled with us

The Room Steward was excellent. She was there when we needed her and left us alone otherwise

The layout was average, being a NEW Ship we thought it would have some things that were different. In fairness we didn't utilize the 16th deck and the Sports Stuff up there. The Ship was Neat and Clean! The only problem we had with the layout was the Theater or lack thereof! There was NO decent from the back to the front (of the Stage) so if you were sitting in row 6-10 you couldn't see SQUAT let alone if you were in the back!!! Also, the Chairs were plain solid chairs with VERY LITTLE padding, they are not the typical comfortable chairs with plenty of cushioning and padded armrests! Oh yeah, NO DRINK HOLDERS!

It was pretty small for a Suite but neat and clean!

Ship tip

1) FIX the Embarkation issue with the Porters or lack thereof! 2) FIX the Entertainment. 3) FIX the Theater Seating issue Theatee Problem

Ports of call

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

No excursions , we went to Medano Beach where we have a Time Share and had lunch!

Mazatlan, Mexico

Took a Personal tour of Mazatlan! We've been there so it was nice to re-visit

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Went to our Favorite Restaurant there (PIPI's, down by the Malacon!) which we enjoyed!

Disembarkation

OfShip in 15 minutes, got our Luggage immediately, FOUND a PORTER (this time they were there!)