Carnival Miracle Hawaii cruise 11-28/12-13-15

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Sail Date: November 28, 2015
Ship: Carnival Miracle

This was our first cruise on Carnival. All we had heard were negative comments. Overall we enjoyed our cruise. The crew and fellow passengers were very friendly.The service was great. The ship was attractive with a literary decor. Cruise Director Chloe was great, as was the Assistant Cruise Director Jess.

The food was hit and miss. Some of it was excellent, and some was not so good. The steaks tended to be gristly, and some dishes were bland.

There was plenty to do, and being a Journeys Cruise, they added extra activities.

I only saw one show. The others didn't really appeal to me. I guess I miss the days of big productions and live bands.

Shout outs to our steward Xavier, and our waiters Sonchai, Alexandru and Rafael. They all gave excellent service.
We ordered room service for early coffee and continental breakfast. Almost every order was missing something. I learned to check the order card before the delivery person left.

The ship was pretty easy to get around. Because of the layout of Horatio's, it took me a while to figure out where various food stations were. Lunch time was so congested it was hard to walk through there.

The cabin was clean and well attended. There was plenty of storage space.

The public areas of the ship were cold, especially the Phantom theater.

The lines at the port were long. I'm glad we had Faster To The Fun.
There's a mall near the port with a Long's/CVS drug store.
Kalapaki Beach is walking distance from the port.
We arrived in the afternoon and there wasn't anywhere you could walk to. The tours ran pretty much after dark.