Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Carnival Miracle Hawaii cruise 11-28/12-13-15

Sail Date: November 28, 2015

This was our first cruise on Carnival. All we had heard were negative comments. Overall we enjoyed our cruise. The crew and fellow passengers were very friendly.The service was great. The ship was attractive with a literary decor. Cruise Director Chloe was great, as was the Assistant Cruise Director Jess.

Cruise Photos

The cabin was clean and well attended. There was plenty of storage space.
We had Faster To The Fun, so it was great bypassing the check-in line. Disembarkation was orderly. Getting 2000+ people off a ship can't be easy.
The ship was pretty easy to get around. Because of the layout of Horatio's, it took me a while to figure out where various food stations were. Lunch time was so congested it was hard to walk through there.
The cruise was a great way to see Hawaii. Tendering at Kona was a disaster as everyone was herded through one exit to get to the tenders. The tours were late getting started because it took so long to get the passengers off the ship.
There was plenty to do, and being a Journeys Cruise, they added extra activities.
I only saw one show. The others didn't really appeal to me. I guess I miss the days of big productions and live bands.
Shout outs to our steward Xavier, and our waiters Sonchai, Alexandru and Rafael. They all gave excellent service.
We ordered room service for early coffee and continental breakfast. Almost every order was missing something. I learned to check the order card before the delivery person left.
The food was hit and miss. Some of it was excellent, and some was not so good. The steaks tended to be gristly, and some dishes were bland.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
The lines at the port were long. I'm glad we had Faster To The Fun.
Kahului, Maui
There's a mall near the port with a Long's/CVS drug store.
Honolulu, Oahu
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Kalapaki Beach is walking distance from the port.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Hilo, Hawaii
Ensenada, Mexico
We arrived in the afternoon and there wasn't anywhere you could walk to. The tours ran pretty much after dark.

The public areas of the ship were cold, especially the Phantom theater.

1 Comment