Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

Compared to other Carnival Cruises, this one was not up to par

Sail Date: January 04, 2015

I have been on other carnival cruises so am able to compare and this one was FAR from the quality and fun I experienced with the other ones.  I made the best of it, but it was a little disappointing knowing what I had in previous years.

First--The process for getting on the boat was long and tedious. I found the staff who were in security lines and keeping the lines moving were slightly rude and sarcastic --almost defensive when a question was asked. They did not seem happy we were there! I realize there may be some obnoxious people before us, but staff can't treat everyone like that.

Second--The process for the Muster Station was extremely long and disorganized. Again, staff did not appear happy we were there. Without us, they would not have jobs.

Third--The itinerary stated we were to be in Cabo San Lucas for 7 hours. We had to do the tender boat process and this did not begin until 12n and we had to return by 4:45p. We were last to get on a tender boat at 2:30. This was not enough time to really do anything on your own. It would have been nice to have been told this change ahead of time or allow us more time somewhere else.

Fourth--The casino was full of teens. Apparently, you can gamble on a cruise when you are 18. I like to play the tables and having 12-15 college age rowdy males yelling all the time was annoying. Only one would have $ to  play, the rest were watching....and yelling. The tables manager, Justus was rude and condescending throughout the trip. He was this way with me, but I also observed him to be this way with others. He needs a new job! The guy from the Philippines who was the other manager was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifth--Sarah, the Comedy Club Manager and Bingo Host appeared to be irritable all week and witnessed to be rude and/or condescending on at least 2 occasions. One on occasion, the comedy show was filled to capacity and I asked a staff person to stand near this ledge that did have a sign saying, " staff only". He said, sure it was ok. Sarah came and asked me to move, I politely explained that this other staff person said it was Ok for me to stand there and she said, " that person is not the Comedy Club Manager....I am". Really? Like my Mom use to say, "It's not what you say, but how you say it".

Sixth--The pre-port meetings appeared to be more about buying diamonds form this certain area in Cabo than anything else. It almost appeared as if the host would get a commission if Carnival guests bought from these certain vendors.

What I Loved: Interacting with the dining room waiters and other service staff. They were GREAT! Friendly, easy going and genuine.

The service people cleaning the rooms and the ones serving food are the hardest working people there! They are polite, always smiling and seemed GENUINELY happy we were there.

I'm sure they get paid the less and work the hardest. They are away from their families for 6 months at a time and looks like without much of a break. (As we were disembarking, another round of guests were getting on)

I truly believe the management of this particular ship needs to know what is going on. I was not the only one who heard comments and witnessed things. The morale on the ship is low.

Many of the NON service staff appear to "fake" their enthusiasm for the events they are leading and in interactions with passengers. Not genuine at all. Customer service is what keeps businesses flowing!

I've been more than happy with the previous cruises with Carnival, but this one was disappointing!

Iyoman was name of person in charge of room and in dining room. Niko ? also in dining room .
Comedy show should have been in the auditorium--it was overcrowded and many were turned away or left because there was not enough seats. Bingo was a bit expensive and short.
Lots of trivia--need more creativity with other types of activities to do. I enjoyed the talent show and newlywed game.
We were cut 3 hours short in Cabo.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I only had time to visit a few shops and attend happy hour.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
It was hard to enjoy yourself when browsing with vendors constantly trying to get you to buy their products and most all had the exact same things! Other than that, the beach was GREAT!!!

Always get a balcony--it is so relaxing to set out on the deck in private and enjoy the view!